Friday, March 31, 2017

Easter is Coming!

IMG_0830Easter is less than three weeks away and I’m loving that we are in a place that’s full of spring.  I can just go out to our little orchard here and pick some tree branches in full blossom for our Easter tree.  This has never happened for us in Boston.  Perhaps we’ll even have an Easter egg hunt without our coats and scarves!  That will be thrilling.

I know I’m a little late, but I wanted to share a link to a document that my friend Heidi and I created to help us really celebrate Easter.  This week we’ve been loving reading about and pondering Christ’s miracles and the reflecting on miracles that we’ve seen in our own lives.  Next week we’ll study His teachings in our morning meetings.  The week leading up to Easter we study the last week of the Saviors life and his resurrection with some great suggestions from lots of sources and then the week following Easter we study and think about the resurrected, living Christ.  

Here’s the link: Four Weeks to Celebrate Easter

Following this loose guide has been one of my most favorite family traditions and I wanted to share in case anyone is interested.  This has helped us to create the same sort of happy, loving, christmassy spirit in our home around Easter, without so much fighting against the holiday hassle that comes with Christmas.

This year I’m hoping to include some beautiful artwork depicting some of these Jesus stories.  If you have any that you love, please share.

Happy Easter Season!IMG_0906IMG_0808IMG_0867

* images from visiting Filoli this past weekend with my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails